Executive VP Lean Services & Data Modeling
COO, Northern Lights
David is an energetic, results-oriented operations management professional specializing in the identification, evaluation, and implementation of process/systems improvements. Significant experience with organizations in transition including growth, aggressive reorganization and downsizing. Strengths include in-depth knowledge of operations, facilitation to closure, and analytical expertise that fosters the identification and implementation of attractive improvement opportunities.
David is married with 2 children and lives in Phoenix, AZ. He is an Associate professor at Arizona State University and is Director of ASU’s Health Informatics program.
- Unique, high-quality experiences over 25 years span the continuum of healthcare operations.
- Experience in clinical and technical settings
- Proven leadership in
- Practice startup
- Practice development
- Project Management
- Customer Focus
- Lean Six Sigma
- Process Re-engineering
- ED, IP, OR & Clinic Operations
- Multiple Software Platforms
- International leader in the simulation community serving on national/international boards in simulation and engineering professional societies.
- David has been responsible for over 250 simulation projects in his career with savings usually in excess of $2,000,000 per area.
- David is close to having improved organizations to nearly 1 Billion US Dollars in his career.
- Expert knowledge of clinical operations and workflows
- Numerous clients have achieved more than $15,000,000 in annual realized savings
- Faculty Member for Urgent Matters, a national program supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation using premier ED consultants nationwide to assist 10 chosen safety-net facilities from field of 300 applicants to improve overcrowded EDs and inpatient units.
- Global Practice Lead for 20-30 projects at a time
- Quality Assurance/Customer Satisfaction Partner
- Project Manager on engagements greater than $1,000,000
- Full-life-cycle project leadership
- High customer satisfaction as identified with follow-on projects more than 75% of engagements
- Analyst and Lean Coder
- Thought Leader for Project Methodology within the practice
Education and Professional Affiliations
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Master of Health Administration, National Honor Society, Dean’s List, 3.82 GPA
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Bachelor of Science Industrial Engineering, Honors-at-Entrance Scholarship
Places I’ve worked
- LAC+USC Medical Center
- UCSF Medical Center
- St. Joseph Health System
- Dignity Health System
- St Rose Dominican Hospitals, Sienna Campus
- St Joseph’s Hospital
- Carondolet St Mary’s Hospital
- Carondolet St Joseph’s Hospital
- California Hospital Medical Center
- Chandler Regional Medical Center
- St. Joseph Health System
- Ascension Health System
- Huntington Hospital
- Baptist Hospital of Miami
- St. Vincent’s Hospital
- Rush Presbyterian St Luke’s Hospital
- Boston Medical Center
- Elmhurst Hospital
- Intermountain Health Care
- National Intrepid Center of Excellence (TBI)